Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 2

Today was a planning day with my business partner. We went over details and timelines for permitting and other business registration items. There was a conflict for the name we tried to register so we are exploring another possiblity.

We have interest from a significant winemaker in the Okanagan who is looking for a facility to produce his wines in. I will post more on this as things progress.

Scruffy and I marked out the footprint of the outbuilding and cabin on the property with stakes and rope today. 40'x66' is a lot bigger when you mark it all out. We are going over details for the concrete foundation and septic systems with the contractor on Friday. The outbuilding will be going in the main open building site while the cabin will be placed nestled in the edge of the vineyard, next to the pumphouse. I am looking into installing a composting toilet to forgoe the need to tie the cabin into the black septic for the outbuilding. We are making every effort to use more sustainable practices and equipment wherever budget allows and this is one area where we can reduce our overall impact on the property.

Roland Kruger from Wild Goose showed up with his tractor and rototiller this afternoon and generously offered to mulch the trimmings down each row of the Vineyard. This is much appreciated as I have not yet learned how to drive the tractor and trying to learn while towing a giant lawnmower down each narrow row is not really ideal.

Scruffy made his first kill on the property so I have started a tally on the right of the blog to keep track of his vermin control work.

-Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment