Sunday, March 21, 2010

Finished the wall... Scruffy adds to his tally






I worked hard over the weekend to finish up the rock feature wall on the mobile. It is not perfect but looks great and will be a nice feature next to the outdoor seating on the deck. We have finished most of the drywall repair and patching inside and it is ready to prime and paint in most areas. I stained the kitchen cabinets and they have a nice rich colour and sheen. We have the bathtub/shower ready to receive it's new surround which will really transform the bathroom.

The cement contractor has arranged to have the septic designer and contractor onsite tomorrow to start drawing up the designs and I met with our electrical contractor at the end of last week. We hope to have the septic and electrical all hooked up and completed by early next week. This means we can move onto the property!!

The metal building is getting delivered tomorrow morning. We have about 18,000lbs of steel to unload so it'll be a long hard day. We ordered a 40' x 66' metal building from Future Steel Buildings. Apart from the usual boiler room sales tactics they were pretty easy to deal with. It is important to watch for addons like the 'base plate fasteners' that they tack on after the initial sale at a horrendous price. You do need these and if you grind them hard you should be able to knock 50% off the cost of them. These buildings are supposedly straight forward to put up but I'll comment on that later. We will be spraying the inside with a hard shell foam insulation to achieve the climate we need inside.

Scruffy took out what appeared to be a family of pocket gophers through the fence. I foolishly thought he was just sniffing at something so I took a couple of pictures. I saw the body count when it was already too late.

-Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment